Superbolt Multi-Jackbolt Tensioners
Furmanite are authorised resellers for Superbolt Multi-Jackbolt Tensioners in Australia and New Zealand
Superbolt multi-jackbolt tensioners (MJTs) by the Nord-Lock Group are an ideal solution for larger size nuts and bolts. MJTs are designed as direct replacements for conventional nuts and bolts. Instead of having to generate enough torque to tighten an entire hex nut, MJTs break those torque requirements down by utilizing a series of hardened jackbolts threaded through the body of a round tensioner. This enables the user to generate the needed clamping load while using only hand or air tools for installation and removal.
Advantages of Superbolt tensioners
Superbolt multi-jackbolt tensioners (MJTs) offer many benefits when compared to other common bolting methods. They are fast, safe and easy to use!
- Extremely high clamping forces available.
- Low torque requirement – only hand tools needed.
- Safe method for installation personnel.
- Reduces installation time over common methods.
- Tightens stud/bolts in pure tension.
- No thread galling.
- No need for tight tolerance threads which can seize.
- Studs will not seize into housing.
- Tensioner flexibility adds elasticity to studs/bolts to create a better bolted joint.
- Fits in restricted areas.
- Provides even tension from stud to stud.
- Accurate within 10% of specified bolt tension.
- Ease of removal.